Card of Joy
Card of Joy facilitates and promotes gift card value exchange between merchants & consumers in a predominantly mobile environment.
Card of Joy is an open gift card marketplace that offers cost-effective and rapid launch options for merchants of all sizes.
Card of Joy was founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs who previously started and ran successful companies, among one in the prepaid meal solutions industry. After sold to Sodexo, the founders created an opportunity to start a new business. This time a gift card marketplace with the idea that gift card solutions should be simple, affordable, digital and for everyone. Gift cards should work both locally and globally and be an obvious gift or benefit even in the digital age.
Today, Card of Joy is present in several European markets and is expanding rapidly. Earlier this year a new round of investment was closed, and today Card of Joy operates mainly on venture capital. The focus is on volume growth. The inhouse development department and back office is located in Sri Lanka, allowing a slower burn rate. The current increase in sales is about 20 percent per month.
The Board of Directors includes, among others, the founder and former Sales Director of Benify, former CFO of Paradox Interactive and other people with extensive business growth experience. This ensures a long-term view of the business, as well as a competent advisory board.
The business of Card of Joy is growing rapidly, and they are now looking to recruit a Financial Controller. As Financial Controller you will work closely with CEO, COO, Marketing and Sales. You will have inhouse recourses in Sri Lanka, as well as financial outsourcing partners at your disposal.
Your main role will be to help the company develop the finance department, and to support the management team in all questions regarding finance and accounting.
Areas of responsibility
Lead, plan, deliver and improve Card of Joy processes for:
- Controlling, incl. cost of goods sold
- Budget and Forecast
- Treasury, incl. float management, multicurrency etc.
- Risk, incl. issue control and fraud management
- Lead corporate governance and manage contact with authorities
You will also set up and manage relations with financial outsourcing partners and ensure good quality delivery in accounting, audit payroll and tax reporting.
- Reimbursements to merchants monthly
- Annual budget
- Set/update forecasts quarterly
- Closed books monthly
- Quarterly reports
- Risk management report to board
- Salaries and personnel administration
- Ensure a treasury function with solid issue control
- Develop and implement process for controlling, including Cost of Goods Sold optimization
- Budgets, forecasts and books in order
- Corporate governance, e.g. AGM
- Financial data/reports
- Continuous follow up on risk management and mitigations
- Continuous control of balances within treasury
- Identify financial instruments to track and follow up business success. In this you will continuously learn and deepen your understanding of the platform and the business logic of the gift card business
Since Card of Joy is currently in an expansive phase, flexibility and quick learning skills are of great importance. You enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment and do not hesitate to dig in and create structure where needed.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management or equivalent
- Minimum two years of relevant accounting, auditing or controlling experience
- Experience with controlling and forecasting is a plus
- Experience from process optimizing and improvement
- Excellent skills in Excel, quick to learn new business systems
- Fluent in English
Desired personality traits
- Curiosity about “it”; what, when and how makes gift cards a successful product
- Highly organized and structured with an eye for details
- Good communication skills (company language is English)
- Data driven
- Agile mindset
- Compliant to rules and regulations – yet creative to set up structures